When do we collect information?
When registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number, or other details to help you with your experience.
In this section, we explain the different ways we use any personal information you provide us with. We’ll use your personal information to provide you with news, market insights, and updates about our services only. We collect the following types of information for the following reasons:
- Email Marketing Sign-up – If you sign up to the Quay Pharma mailing list, that requires registration, we will ask you for personal information (such as your name and email address). We will only use this information to communicate to you directly once we have obtained a recorded ‘opt-in’ via email or directly to our secure database. Such recorded data will be retained for this sole purpose until otherwise notified. If you have previously signed up and wish to opt-out, you can do this by notifying our Data Officer. NOTE: We will NEVER share, sell or rent any personally identifiable information without explicit written permission or unless ordered to do so by a court of law.
- Analytical Cookies: We use Google Analytics (Global Site Tag - gtag.js) to collate information about how you use this website. Usage of an analytical cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information. Analytical cookies allow us to count the number of visitors to our website as well as detail how visitors navigate through our website. This helps us to improve the way our website works. These cookies record a visit to our website, the pages visited and the links followed.
- IMPORTANT: If you wish to opt-out of Google Analytics you can do so via this link https://tools.google.com/dlpag...
- Remarketing: We occasionally use the Data Collection feature within Google Analytics for Display & Search Remarketing. We sometimes use this feature to display advertisements about our services on third party websites. Any remarketing advertisements we release on the Google Display Network are designed to act as a reminder of a user’s previous visit to this website.
- IMPORTANT: You can opt-out of Interest Based Advertising via this link. http://optout.networkadvertisi...
- Advertising Reporting Features: This enables us to obtain Advertising Reporting features like Audience Demographics and Interests Reporting, Campaign Manager reporting, Display & Video 360 reporting, and Google Display Network Impression Reporting, we use this to help us better understand our website users.
- Data Retention Features: User and event data retention in Google Analytics for this website is currently set for the basic 14 months. More information on Google Data Retention can be found via this link https://support.google.com
Lawful Basis for Data Processing
Consent: We require consent for processing direct email communication or email marketing services to you. In most cases, consent requires a positive opt-in. We don’t use pre-ticked boxes or any other method of default consent, nor do we assume consent. We will also request consent when we use website cookies or other online tracking methods on this website.
Contract: We may lawfully process your personal data to fulfil a contractual obligation, or because you have asked us to do something before entering into a contract (eg. To provide a written estimate or quotation from an enquiry or direct request).
How do we protect your information?
We do use vulnerability scanning software. We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers. We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may provide links on our website to other websites. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioural tracking?
It's also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioural tracking at this time.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via in-site notification
Within 14 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
Accessing & Updating Personal Information
Quay Pharma makes good-faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Unsubscribe From Us
You can unsubscribe or make changes to your subscription preferences by contacting our Data Protection Officer (DPO).
Data Protection Officer (DPO) Barbara Thatcher Quay Pharmaceuticals Ltd Quay House 28 Parkway Deeside Ind. Park Flintshire CH5 2NS Tel: +44 (0) 1244 837 000